Saturday, October 18, 2008
Elem Health
I am curious, do any of your school districts have a separate Health course in your Elementary buildings? We incorporate Health into our P.E., but do not have textbooks or a classroom to teach a Health class. We are currently on a 5 day rotating cycle and the students have PE 2 days, music, art and computers one day. We are proposing that next year there is a six day rotating cycle (just for one grade to try it out) so that students can get a health/guidance class. The new hire would teach a course on health, friendship, bullying... and more. Do any of your elementary students have a health class and how many days per week are your health and PE courses?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The school that I teach at, doesn't have a health program. They start teaching health in 7th grade and the elementary homeroom teachers touch on some things during science class. I would like to start one, but they tell me there is just not enough time for it. I would like to just be able to teach one health lesson a month, to teach the kids some basic things. Good luck with getting it started, it sounds like you have a good idea.
Post a Comment