Friday, October 17, 2008
great apple crunch day
October 29th is the Great Apple Crunch Day, and I just placed my order for 700 apples. PTA and student council pay the bill and Soergels Orchard gives us a good deal and great apples. For the apple day, we pull all of the students from specials and talk about making healthy food choices. After we talk for a little while, the students hang out and eat the apples. It's funny- it seems so simple to us, but some of my students talk about it for the rest of the year. The love it! If any of you do anything creative for that day, please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel out of the loop! I've never heard of the Great Apple Crunch Day! What a wonderful idea though! Isn't it funny how simple things "adults" sometimes overlook are appreciated so much by children!? I think that what you're doing is a wonderful idea. Thanks to you, now I know what this is all about - and maybe next year I can organize something for my kids!
Post a Comment