Monday, September 15, 2008
Olympic Games
This week at Avonworth we spent two days doing Olympic games during "special time". The computer, art, music and two P.E. classes came to the gym and we did a variety of activities. We had them sing the national anthem as a part of opening ceremonies and then had fun with relays that included spelling games, trivia, drawing, and following rhythm activities. The kids had a really fun time, but WOW- it was a noisy couple of days with 100+ kids in the gym each period!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that was a fun event for the kids. I always enjoyed days like this when ever I was a student. The other thing that I think was good is that it wasn't just running and being athletic, the students had to use other skills, like spelling games, trivia, drawning and following rhythm activities. It was a good event but I bet your are happy to get rid of the kids that are not in your class!!!
That's awesome! On the high school level, I was just talking to a couple of my friends in the English department. We were thinking about doing Greek History in Humanities, Wilma Rudolph and Jesse Owens in the other English class (she already covers them), and naturally, the Olympic events in PE. Oh, and if the technology department would come on board and "broadcast" and produce it in our VisComm classes. It sounds like you guys had a blast! That's awesome :)
Post a Comment