Saturday, September 20, 2008

Physical Fitness Testing

This week started off on Wednesday because of the storms and our school lost power.. That was a nice little surprise! The rest of the week we spent doing our 1/4-3/4 mile run/walk. I would like to switch to Fitnessgram and do the pacer test, but the Presidential testing is in our curriculum. It always such a disappointing week when I realize how out of shape some of the students are! We incorporate a lot of short sided games and the students are physically active for most of the class period, but for sometimes it's the only physical activity they get and it's just not enough.

1 comment:

SlowAnn said...

Our school also goes by the presidental fitness testing, and for the past 2 years I put in for Fitnessgram. I do not understand why they are reluctant to change, but I guess they go with what they are most familiar with. In the past I have had a hard time with the kids finishing the 1 mile run, but this year 75% of them finished under 7 minutes, but then again I only had 20 boys in the class.